Back to top
Caramelized Onion Dip
The rich flavor of this dip is completely addicting and worth the time it takes to slowly cook the onions. Serve with thick-cut or ridged potato chips, or sturdy crackers.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided use
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thickly cut potato chips for serving
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are deeply golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool. (If desired, roughly chop onions.)
- MIX in a medium bowl the onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, chives, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- SERVE at room temperature, or cover and chill. Keeps well up to 2 days.