- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1½ cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temp.)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar for coating
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F.
- MIX together flour, walnuts, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract. Add butter in little pieces and combine everything together with clean hands until the mixture looks like a coarse meal with nut bits in it.
- FORM the dough into small balls no larger than a walnut and place on the cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart from each other.
- BAKE approximately 30-35 minutes.
- WHILE still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll the cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Set on wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar again as needed.