Valentines Day Cake
1 (3-layer) 9-inch cake
If some chocolates can say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day, just imagine what baking a big, beautiful cake from scratch can convey. Use our famous 1-2-3-4 Layer Cake (“Back of the Box Cake”) as the base and customize the toppings to delight the ones you love.
- Using the Mousseline Buttercream, frost each cake layer top, then stack them and apply a crumb coat to the cake.
Cover and chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Mix desired food colorings into remaining Mousseline Buttercream and place it covered in refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake and frosting from refrigerator and frost cake as desired.
- Drip melted chocolate around top edge of cake.
- Use a star piping tip to create decorative swirls with frosting and decorate as desired.