Back to top
Vanilla Cream Cold Foam
Cold Cream Foam
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 2 tablespoons vanilla extract)
- Make Cold Cream Foam: Combine all ingredients in a cold bowl. Whisk until it has the consistency of soft whipped cream, about 2 1/2 minutes. (Alternatively, pour contents into a clean jar, close the top and shake until foamy.)
- Use a handheld foamer or pour into an instant foam machine and foam according to manufacturers directions.
- Make Vanilla Syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook and stir until it reaches a syrupy consistency, about 4 minutes.
- Cut the vanilla bean pod in half lengthwise and scrape out the beans. Add the beans and the pod into the pot and cook for 1 minute longer; remove from heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes or longer. Remove the vanilla beans and pod from the syrup with a slotted spoon. Pour syrup into a clean, resealable bottle or jar, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.