Back to top
Bacon Potato Salad
Look for round white potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, for this Cajun style potato salad made with crispy cooked bacon. Use regular or Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise and light sour cream for this perfect cookout side dish. To make the potato salad ahead, cut the potatoes the night before, cover with water, and chill.
- 3 pounds white potatoes (6 to 8 medium), peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- ½ pound bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill relish or pimientos, drained
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- Paprika and celery sticks for garnish (optional)
- COOK potatoes in boiling water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 15 to 18 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- PLACE potatoes in a large bowl with bacon, onions, celery, pimientos, salt, pepper and creole seasoning. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- COVER and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with paprika and celery sticks, if desired. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Keeps up to 2 days.