Bacon Potato Salad
Look for round white potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, for this salad enhanced with bacon. If you like, use Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise and light sour cream. To make the potato salad ahead, cut the potatoes the night before, cover with water, and chill.
- 3 pounds white potatoes (6 to 8 medium), peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- ½ pound bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, drained
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- Paprika and celery sticks for garnish (optional)
- COOK potatoes in boiling water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 15 to 18 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- PLACE potatoes in a large bowl with bacon, onions, celery, pimientos, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- COVER and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with paprika and celery sticks, if desired. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Keeps up to 2 days.