Back to top
This tart, refreshing sauce, inspired by Greek cuisine, can be served chilled as a condiment for grilled meats, a dressing for sandwiches or chicken salad, or as a dipping sauce for toasted pita chips or fresh vegetables.
- 1 medium (or 1/2 large) cucumber
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Grate cucumber on a cheese grater or finely chop. Place grated cucumber in cheesecloth and squeeze as much of the liquid from it as possible; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add shredded cucumber. Cover and refrigerate. Let chill for at least 1 hour to overnight. (Longer chill time gives the ingredients time to meld.)
- Remove from refrigerator and add dill; mix to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.