- 1/2 cup – butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup – sugar
- 1 1/2 cups – Swans Down Cake Flour
- 1 – egg
- 1/2 cup – buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla
- 1/2 cup – hot water
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces – cream cheese – room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups – powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons – heavy cream, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoons – vanilla
CREAM butter and sugar.
ADD remaining ingredients individually, mixing with an electric mixer after each addition until smooth.
POUR batter into lined muffin tins.
BAKE at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Icing for Classic Cupcakes
MIX cream cheese and sugar at low speed with an electric mixer.
ADD remaining ingredients and mix at high speed until fluffy.
CHILL in refrigerator until slightly stiff. Spread on cooled cupcakes and decorate with your choice of topping such as edible flowers, fresh fruit, grated chocolate or candy sprinkles.