Back to top
Blueberry Dump Cake
10 pint jars or 1 (9x13-inch) cake
Fresh blueberries sing of summer, and preparing this easy cake in mini jars makes them the perfect dessert for al fresco porch or patio dining and picnics in the park.
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Mix blueberries, sugar and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Divide mixture in equal amounts into pint-size mason jars, about 1/2 cup in each. Place the jars on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until incorporated and the mixture resembles biscuit mix. Sprinkle the flour mixture on top of the blueberries, about 1/4 cup in each jar.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve either warm or cold.
- Let cool completely before placing the lids on the jars.
- Can also be served topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
- This recipe can also be made in a 9×13-inch cake pan.