Back to top
Brussels Sprouts Slaw With Apples, Pecans and Parmesan
Brussels sprouts are just little cabbages, right? Combined with apples, pecans, Parmesan cheese and Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, they make a fantastic raw salad with a complex, appealing flavor.
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed of loose or discolored outer leaves
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 large apple, diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- COMBINE mayonnaise, mustard, honey and hot sauce in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- TOAST pecans just until fragrant. Cool until easy to handle.
- SLICE Brussels sprouts thinly, between ⅛ and ¼ inches, in a food processor fitted with a slicing disc, or with a mandolin or a sharp knife. Put into mixing bowl with apple, Parmesan and nuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- TOSS with dressing until well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- COVER and refrigerate until serving. Keeps up to three days.