Back to top
California Deviled Eggs
This is the deviled egg version of that sushi mainstay, the California Roll. Each bite is a flavor and texture delight, with crisp cucumber, creamy avocado, zingy wasabi and salty fish roe.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, shelled
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 small Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 1 tablespoons masago (capelin fish roe)
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks and set whites aside.
- Press yolks through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise, wasabi paste and salt and mix well.
- Pipe the yolk mixture into the well of each egg white.
- Garnish with avocado, cucumber, tobiko and masago.
- Tobiko and masago are two kinds of salty fish roe commonly used to make sushi. They can be found at most any Asian or international market, and might also be purchased from a local sushi restaurant.