Carroll Shelby’s Chili Cheese Fries
Two favorite comfort foods come together for a fun side, snack or game-day treat. Top some crispy fries with chili and lay out a bunch of fixings for make-your-own creativity.
- Chili, prepared using 1 Carroll Shelby’s® Chili Kit (we used about 1/2 of the kit’s yield, with chili left over for another meal)
- 14 ounces frozen French fries (1/2 of a 28-ounce bag)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions tops, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Jalapeños, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Lay French fries on a sheet pan in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Bake according to package instructions.
- When fries are ready, top with cheese and broil in oven just until melted.
- Top with chili as desired and garnish with green onions, jalapeños, sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve hot.