Back to top
Chili Buttered Popcorn
To bring a big bowl of hot, freshly popped popcorn to the next level for the big game, infuse some melted butter with Carroll Shelby’s perfectly blended Chili Spice Mix, toss to coat the popcorn evenly and serve. It’s better than any bagged munchies, guaranteed.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Carroll Shelby’s® Original Texas Chili Kit, Spice Mix packet
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a 3-quart Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan. Add a couple popcorn kernels and cover the pot. Once kernels begin to pop, add remaining kernels, then cover and cook, shaking the pan over the heat. Once a few seconds elapse between pops, remove pan from heat and let stand for 1 minute until popping subsides completely. Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Mix the melted butter with the Chili Kit Spice Mix and sea salt. Pour the chili butter over popcorn and shake the bowl to evenly coat the popcorn. Serve immediately.