Hibiscus Lime and Ginger Hot Toddy
Tart hibiscus tea paired with cherry juice, ginger and star anise makes an invigorating hot drink to warm up – and spice up – any cold weather occasion.
- 6 ounces water
- 6 ounces dark cherry juice
- 1 bag Luzianne®️ Iced Hibiscus Tea
- 1 (1-inch) knob ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (or agave or honey)
- 2 ounces bourbon, optional
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
- 1 star anise, for garnish
- BRING water and cherry juice to a simmer in a small saucepan, then immediately remove from heat, add hibiscus tea bag and ginger and let steep for 15 minutes. Remove ginger and tea bag with a slotted spoon and discard.
- HEAT tea to desired temperature, add simple syrup and bourbon if desired and serve in a mug garnished with a cinnamon stick and star anise.