Back to top
Chipotle Lime Crispy Chicken Sandwich
A chicken sandwich winner! A family favorite for lunch, dinner or a picnic in the park. You can easily switch out chicken for tilapia or another fish fillet. Pro tip: coating chicken in sauce before dredging in breadcrumbs is easier and less messy than using eggs – and adds a whole new layer of flavor.
- ½ cup Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce, plus extra for bun
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 crusty sourdough buns
- SPOON Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce in a medium shallow bowl.
- MIX Panko bread crumbs, poultry seasoning and Creole seasoning in another shallow bowl.
- BRUSH chicken breasts with Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce and, using the one-wet-one-dry method for hands, use the other hand to press both sides of each chicken breast into the Panko mix, pressing well to adhere.
- PLACE chicken on a plate, lightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- HEAT vegetable oil in a large saute’ pan until shimmering.
- COOK chicken breasts in pan until crispy and golden brown on each side and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- DRESS crusty buns with lettuce, tomato and additional Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce, place a chicken breast on each bun and serve.