Chocolate Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 7 tablespoons – Dutch processed cocoa
- 2/3 cup – boiling water
- 4 egg – yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups – sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
- 1 cup – sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1/2 cup – (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 pints – fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup – currant jelly
CHOCOLATE GLAZE –
- 1 – 3 ounce bar bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup – whipping cream
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
WHISK together cocoa and water; cool. In a separate bowl, combine yolks, 1/4 of cocoa mixture and vanilla. Set aside. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add butter and remaining dissolved cocoa. Mix well. Gradually add egg mixture in thirds mixing well after each addition. Spread batter into well-greased and paper-lined 9×2-inch heart shaped pan.
BAKE until tester inserted near center comes out clean,30 to 40 minutes.
PREPARE Chocolate Glaze. Combine chocolate and cream in small saucepan. Stir until melted over low heat.
POKE holes in top of the cake while warm. Brush with 1/2 of Chocolate Glaze, allowing glaze to soak into cake. Invert cake onto plate. Remove paper liner. Brush with remaining glaze, brushing sides of cake also. Cool completely. Place clean, dry raspberries over surface of cake. Melt jelly. Brush onto raspberries.