Back to top
Old Fashioned Tomato Sandwich
- 8 slices soft white sandwich bread, toasted
- 2 large Creole tomatoes or other heirloom variety
- 4 tablespoons Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- LIGHTLY toast slices of bread.
- SLICE tomatoes ¼-inch thick and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- COMBINE in a small bowl, mayonnaise, basil, lemon, remaining salt and pepper. Mix well.
- PLACE all 8 slices of bread on a clean work surface and spread ½ tablespoon (1 1/2 teaspoons) mayonnaise on each slice. Lay tomato slices on half of the bread slices and place the tops on each sandwich. Cut in half and serve immediately.