Back to top
Southern Style Sweet Tea
Every Southern family has a sweet tea recipe, and this one is ours. It’s as Southern as a biscuit, great with any dish from apple pie to baked ziti, and should always be available in the fridge.
- 4 Luzianne® Family Size Iced Tea bags
- 1 gallon (16 cups) of cold spring water or filtered water, divided into 2 (8-cup) portions
- 1 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- Lemon wheels, orange wedges, or mint sprigs or leaves for garnish, optional
- In a pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil; remove from heat
- Add tea bags and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes depending on the strength of tea you prefer.
- Remove tea bags and stir sugar into warm tea; continue to stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour concentrated tea into pitcher and mix in remaining 8 cups water.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into glasses packed with ice cubes, garnish and serve.
- For best flavor, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.