Pull-Apart Stuffing Loaf
1 (9x5-inch) Loaf
Pull-apart breads are fun to make and to eat. This one delivers the delicious flavors of a classic holiday stuffing, making it a perfect holiday loaf and a great accompaniment to leftover roast turkey or slices of deli turkey.
- 1 batch Parker House Rolls dough (follow rolls recipe directions through Step 2)
- 4 ounces (1 stick ) unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces pork chorizo or Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten well
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- TURN dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, fennel, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- ADD chorizo and continue cooking until cooked through, remove from heat and add cranberries. Let cool for a few minutes then add egg and parsley. Stir to combine.
- ADD dough balls gently to mix, allowing the dough to be coated with the butter to prevent sticking.
- REMOVE a few dough balls from the mixture and layer them in the prepared loaf pan, add a layer of the sausage mix, and continue alternating with dough and sausage mixture. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let dough proof for 30 minutes.
- BAKE on middle rack of oven for 50 to 60 minutes. If the top starts to get too dark, cover with foil. Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches about 200℉ or a tester inserted into the loaf diagonally comes out clean with no trace of doughiness.
- TRANSFER to wire rack to cool. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.