Black & Gold Old Fashioned
Based on a beloved traditional cocktail, but with tea and an Italian liqueur adding a flavorful twist. It’s the perfect way for New Orleanians to toast their hometown team for the big game.
- 2 ounces Sazerac®️ rye whiskey
- 2 ounces Luzianne®️ Ready to Drink Sweet Tea
- 1 ounce Amaro Averna liqueur
- 2 teaspoons El Guapo®️ Orgeat syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 ice ball (or several large ice cubes)
- 1 (1-inch) piece orange zest
- Combine whiskey, tea, liqueur, orgeat and bitters in a mixing glass with ice and stir until very cold. Strain into a rocks glass with a fresh ice ball and garnish with orange zest.