Back to top
Crab Louie Salad
- 1 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Heinz chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked through for shells
- 2 heads Romaine hearts or Bibb or butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 avocados, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 large radishes, thinly shaved on a mandolin
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into 4 wedges each
- WHISK together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, garlic, capers, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve. The dressing can be made several days in advance.
- COMBINE the crabmeat with ¼ cup of the dressing and let stand, refrigerated, for up to 30 minutes, while you assemble the salad.
- DIVIDE the crab mixture, lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, radishes and eggs between the 4 plates. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.