Quick Tiger Ceviche
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Try Me®Tiger Sauce
- 1/4 pound cleaned squid bodies, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest + 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Fresno chili, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a simmer over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons Tiger Sauce, then season well with salt. Prepare an ice water bath. Blanch squid for 30 seconds and transfer to ice bath. Blanch shrimp and scallops separately for 1 minute each and transfer to ice bath. Drain seafood in a colander and transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Place sliced red onion in a bowl of cold, salted water to soak. Let stand for at least 5 minutes before rinsing and draining. Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine garlic, jalapeño, ginger and lime zest in a mortar and pestle and mash to a paste. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and add lime juice, coconut milk and remaining 2 teaspoons Tiger Sauce, and whisk to combine.
- Toss seafood with garlic and coconut milk mixture, cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve ceviche with thinly sliced red onion, Fresno chili, cucumber, cilantro and mint. Season with salt, if necessary.