Back to top
White Chicken Chili Tortilla Bake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (breast or thigh), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Carroll Shelby's® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1/2 cups chopped cilantro (optional)
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and salt and cook, stirring 6 to 8 minutes, until cookies through.
- Add water, tomatoes, beans, spice, masa flour and jalapeño and bell pepper packets. To Fix It Mild, omit the cayenne pepper. To Fix It Hot, stir in entire cayenne pepper packet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Arrange 3 tortillas in bottom of prepared baking dish (you may need to rip 1 in half to fit).
- Spoon over half the chili and half the cheese.
- Make one more layer with remaining tortillas, chili and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, until cheese and sauce are bubbling.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.