Chuck Wagon Chili in the Instant Pot
4 to 6 servings
Customize a Carroll Shelby’s Chili® Kit your own way for a fast weeknight dinner, game-day meal or pack-ahead lunch full of authentic, Texas style flavor.
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Carroll Shelby’s® Chili Kit
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- One (12-ounce) lager beer
- One (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Mexican chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Green onion, thinly sliced, for serving
- Cheddar cheese, grated, for serving
- Cornbread, for serving
- COMBINE 1/2 cup of chili kit spice packet and entire packet of chili kit cayenne pepper in a bowl. Add chuck roast to bowl and toss with spices and cayenne mixture, coating evenly.
- SET Instant Pot® to SAUTE for 30 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/3 of beef and brown on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes. Once brown, transfer to a bowl. Repeat process with remaining oil and beef.
- ADD beef back to Instant Pot with onion and garlic and stir well. Add beer, tomatoes, chocolate, masa harina packet from chili kit, cocoa powder and salt and stir well, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- SET Instant Pot to pressure function on high for 30 minutes. When done, allow pressure to release naturally.
- TOP with green onion and cheddar cheese and serve with cornbread.