Back to top
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 sticks - unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces - cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups - granulated sugar
- 6 - eggs, room tempurature
- 3 cups - sifted SWANS DOWN Cake Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 1 tablespoon - vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Butter and lightly flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Sift SWANS DOWN Cake Flour then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 3 cups. Add salt to flour and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and cream cheese until creamy; gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just blended.
- Carefully add flour to batter by either beating at low speed or stirring with spoon.
- Add vanilla extract, blend in.
- Pour into buttered and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325º for approx. 1 hour 15 minutes or until long tester is inserted in middle of cake comes out completely clean. Cool completely.
Overbeating batter can yield a dry or tough texture.