Mississippi Smoked Fish Dip
Smoked fish dip is a Mississippi favorite served with saltine crackers. Typically, mullet is the fish of choice on the Gulf Coast, this dip can be made with whatever the catch of the day happens to be.
- ½ cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) Neufchatel Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound smoked fish such as mackerel, mullet, cobia, or amberjack
- Saltine crackers, for serving
- COMBINE all of the ingredients except for the fish and the crackers in a food processor and process until smooth. Using 2 forks, flake the fish. Gently fold flaked fish in the mayonnaise mixture.
- SERVE with Saltine crackers and extra hot sauce.