Back to top
Sweet Tea Pavlovas with Lemon Curd
Pavlovas are a simple meringue dessert usually filled with a fruit curd or cream and often topped with berries. This pavlova is infused with fresh sweet tea and topped with delicious homemade lemon curd.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon brewed Luzianne Pour-n-Stir Liquid Ice tea Concentrate®️
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed and cold
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh berries for garnish
- PREHEAT the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- BEAT, the egg whites in the bowl of a standing mixer, using the whisk attachment, until thick and frothy, about 2 to 3 minutes. With the machine on medium-high speed, gradually add the sugar 2 tablespoons at a time. Add the tea, cream of tartar and the sea salt. Increase the speed to high and continue to whisk the egg whites until they hold a stiff peak, about 4 minutes longer.
- SPOON 6 large dollops of the mixture onto a baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Using the back of a spoon, smooth out the sides and make a shallow well in the middle of each meringue. Bake for 2 hours. The meringues should be crisp on the outside and have a chewy texture on the inside.
- WHISK together the lemon juice, egg yolks and sugar.
- POUR the mixture into a nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and transfer to a clean, heatproof, nonreactive bowl. Stir in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cool the curd to room temperature. Transfer to a resealable container. The curd can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks in an air-tight resealable container.
- ASSEMBLE the pavlovas by spooning a dollop of the lemon curd into the well of each meringue. Serve with fresh berries.