Back to top
Creamy Pressure-Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Using a pressure cooker gives you homemade mashed spuds fast, and a bit of mayonnaise mixed in is the secret ingredient to the creamiest, most delicious mashed potatoes ever. They reheat well, too, so make them the day before a big meal and store covered in the fridge.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons fine salt + extra to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Transfer potatoes to the bowl of an Instant Pot® (or other pressure cooker) and add just enough water to cover. Add the 2 teaspoons salt and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Set the Instant Pot pressure setting at high for 7 minutes. When done, use the quick release valve to immediately release pressure. Drain potatoes in a strainer and transfer to a heat-proof bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer. Add mayonnaise, heavy cream and remaining butter and mix well. Salt to taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley, freshly ground black pepper and a pat of butter, if desired.
- This is a great make-ahead side dish that reheats beautifully for a big meal. Prepare a day ahead and store covered in the refrigerator.