Cucumber and Watercress Tea Sandwiches
A staple in traditional British tea houses, this tiny, delicate sandwich has a creamy herbed filling with some flavorful ‘zing’ from the spicy, nutrient-rich watercress and just the right amount of cucumber crunch.
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices white bread
- 3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup watercress, stems removed
- Combine mascarpone, mayonnaise, tarragon, chives, mint, lemon zest, salt and pepper together in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread herbed mascarpone mixture on each bread slice.
- On 6 of the bread slices, top the mascarpone mixture with cucumber slices, then watercress. Top with remaining bread slices, trim bread crusts off and cut each sandwich into 2 halves.