Back to top
Dutch Apple Cake
9x13 inch cake
- 2 cups - sifted Presto
- 4 tablespoons - unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon - sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1 teaspoon - cinnamon
- 1/2 cup - sugar
- 3 - apples
- 2/3 cup - water
- Sift Presto and sugar together and work in butter with tips of fingers or pastry blender.
- Beat egg, mix with water and add to dry ingredients. Stir to a soft dough.
- Spread 1/2 inch thick in greased shallow pan (9x13 inch).
- Pare and cut apples into eights and press into dough close together. Dot with small pieces of butter.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in 350° oven approximately 25 minutes or until apples are tender.