Grilled Corn & Bacon Salad
Barbecue expert Malcom Reed of How to BBQ Right shared this side salad with us, plus some handy grilling advice: toss the corn cobs on the grill before shucking and let them steam inside their green husks for a while to enjoy perfectly cooked, juicy corn.
- 8 ears fresh corn on the cob, in their husks
- 1 stick melted butter
- 10 slices thin bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- Prepare a charcoal grill for 2 zone cooking: hot coals to one side, with a cool side on the opposite.
- Place each shucked cob back on the hot side of the grill over the hot coals and brush with melted butter. Turn often to prevent burning, but allow each ear of corn to begin to slightly char, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool. Use a knife to cut the corn kernels off of each cob; place kernels in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl of corn kernels, add the chopped bacon, cheese, red bell pepper, onion and jalapeño.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the mayo, sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add the mayo mixture to the bowl with the corn. Season with Killer Hogs AP Seasoning, mix well to combine, and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.