Back to top
Halloween Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili
6 to 8 Servings
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 - inch cubes
- 1 large onion, minced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- Salt, to taste
- One 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- One 14.5 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- One 14.5 ounce can black beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced scallions, for garnish
- HEAT 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook the pork in batches, adding oil in between batches. Once browned on all sides transfer to a platter.
- ADD onion, garlic, and peppers to the pot and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in broth, heavy cream, tomatoes and chili kit spice, cayenne packets and salt. Mix well. Add pork, pumpkin and black beans to the pot, cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- SERVE with shredded cheddar and scallions.