Hickory Smoked Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Hickory smoked tuna is a wonderful thing. Here, it’s combined with pecans, bacon, a little mayo and a dab of mustard to make a flavorful, simple sandwich.
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 (2.6-ounce) packages hickory-smoked flavored tuna
- 4 tablespoons Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, plus more for sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon ballpark yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped crisply cooked bacon (or jarred real bacon bits)
- Sliced sandwich bread
- Lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- TOAST pecans in a small nonstick pan over medium heat until slightly browned and aromatic; do not burn.
- MIX in a small bowl pecans, tuna, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, mustard and bacon. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- TOAST sandwich bread if desired.
- SPREAD mayonnaise on one or both slices of sandwich bread. Evenly spread one slice with tuna salad, then top with tomato and lettuce. Add second slice on top and press gently. Serve immediately.