Snowy White Cake
2 9-inch layers
- 2 1/2 cups - sifted Presto
- 1 1/2 cups - granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup - unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons - milk
- 3 - egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon - almond extract
- Sift Presto with sugar.
- Stir butter to soften.
- Add flour mixture and milk. Mix until all flour is moistened. Then beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add egg whites and flavoring; beat 1 minute longer with mixer.
- Baking: Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch layer pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and finish cooling on racks.
Alternate Baking Pans:
One 13x9 inch pan for approximately 30 minutes.
Two 9-inch layer pans for approximately 25 minutes.