Back to top
Kentucky-style Benedictine Tea Sandwiches
Benedictine is a fluffy mixture of cream cheese, chives, cucumber and seasonings, and mayonnaise makes it extra creamy and flavorful. It’s a must at Kentucky Derby parties, tea parties and picnics. Use it to make finger sandwiches, spread it on a toasted bagel, add a layer of it on avocado toast, or serve it as a dip with crackers and crudités.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup microgreens or sprouts
- Grate cucumber onto a clean kitchen towel or paper towel; squeeze well to remove the liquid.
- Beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise and cucumber until fluffy. Fold in chives and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide cucumber mixture between the halves of the bread. Sprinkle microgreens on top. Place a second slice of bread on top and cut into quarters.