Mexican Chipotle Chicken Rice Bowl
4 Bowls (or Wraps)
This yummy bowl is a great make-ahead lunch for the work week. Or, you can easily make it into a wrap. Just spread Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce on a large tortilla and add a layer of each ingredient. Roll tightly and serve.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Go Bold® Chipotle Lime Sauce, divided
- 1 box yellow rice mix
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn kernels, rinsed and drained (or 1 package frozen corn kernels, defrosted)
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- Fresh pico de gallo (or other salsa)
- MARINATE chicken breasts in a medium bowl with ½ cup of the Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce for 15 minutes.
- COOK yellow rice according to package directions. Cool slightly and toss with ¼ cup of Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce.
- GRILL chicken breasts in a grilling pan over medium heat until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Slice into strips.
- PLACE yellow rice in each bowl and arrange chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes and avocado on top of rice.
- DRIZZLE with remaining Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce and serve with pico de gallo on the side.