Back to top
Mocha Chip Scones
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed New England® Coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten separately
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- White decorating sugar or sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee, cream, 1 egg, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, white baking chips, and chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and work into a crumbly dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, form dough into a 9 inch disk (approximately 1/2 inch thick).
- Cut into 12 wedges and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cream and remaining beaten egg.
- Brush tops of scones with egg mixture and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter!