Perfect Grilled Chicken
Coarse Creole mustard partners with thyme and lemon to deliver a classic Creole flavor profile that’s so delicious, nobody will believe how easy this grilled chicken recipe is. Serve with lightly seasoned salad greens for a simple yet elegant meal.
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, coarsely ground, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Olive oil, for grilling and serving
- Salad greens, for serving
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to taste, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Transfer 1/2 of the mayonnaise-mustard mixture into a separate container, cover and set aside in the refrigerator to use for grilling and serving.
- Marinate chicken: Brush both sides of the chicken using the mayonnaise-mustard mixture remaining in the bowl; place in a sealable bag or covered container and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat; brush grill with olive oil.
- Remove remaining mayonnaise-mustard mixture from refrigerator and use to baste chicken while grilling. Place chicken breasts, rounded side down, on the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Rotate the chicken to create cross-hatch grill marks and continue cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts, brushing both sides with the remaining mustard-mayonnaise mixture, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (must have internal temperature of 165℉). Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salad greens seasoned to taste with olive oil, lemon juice, shaved parmesan, salt and pepper.