Pimiento Cheese Dip
The Southern favorite, pimiento cheese, is perfect for sandwiches and even more party-friendly when made into a creamy dip. Serve with crackers, celery or carrot sticks, or your favorite sturdy chips. It’s fine to use lower-fat cream cheese.
- 1 (6-ounce) jar pimientos, or 3/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 cups), freshly grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (half an 8-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain pimientos, reserving juice. Cut in large dice if not already diced.
- Mix with the paddle of a heavy-duty electric mixer, on low speed, the cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cayenne until all ingredients are well combined. With a spatula, fold in pimientos. If needed, add juice from pimientos, a teaspoon at a time, to reach the desired creamy consistency. Mixture should not be stiff.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Keeps well up to 1 week.