Back to top
Praline and Chicory Coffee
- 1 cup hot, freshly brewed French Market® Coffee Dark Roast Coffee and Chicory
- 2 tablespoons Praline Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Make Chicory Coffee: Pour the hot coffee into a mug.
- Stir in the praline syrup and vanilla extract.
- Using an instant milk frother or a hand-held frother, foam the milk per manufacturers’ instructions. Spoon foamed milk into coffee and serve.
- Make Parline Syrup: Combine sugar, water and pecans in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove from heat and let steep for at least 12 hours and up to overnight.
- Strain out the pecans and reserve for another use (such as an ice-cream topping) and pour syrup into a resealable bottle or jar.
- Store in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.