Back to top
Pumpkin Brioche Rolls
Tender brioche rolls get a tasty flavor upgrade with a bit of pureed pumpkin mixed in the dough. Great for making sandwiches or to serve warm in a basket at the dinner table.
- 3 cups Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, unflavored
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup warm water (120-130℉)
- WHISK together cake flour, bread flour, sugar and yeast in a large bowl; set aside.
- COMBINE pumpkin puree, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, butter and water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment; mix to combine. Add flour mixture and knead until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Continue to knead until smooth, soft and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- REMOVE bowl and place in a lightly oiled bowl, turning dough to coat it with oil. Cover with plastic wrap, place in a warm area and let rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- PREHEAT oven to 375℉. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- PUNCH down risen dough and divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each piece into balls and place on prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Cover sheet with oiled plastic wrap and let proof for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Brush each roll with egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.