Back to top
Rachel Meets Reuben Sandwich
Two classic sandwiches, the Rachel and the Reuben, combined into one tall and truly amazing sandwich. Russian Dressing and Buttermilk Coleslaw add layers of flavor and crunch, and they are both easy to make with help from Blue Plate® Mayonnaise.
- 6 slices rye bread
- 1/3 cup Russian Dressing
- 1/2 pound corned beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound roasted turkey
- 1 cup Buttermilk Coleslaw
- 1/2 pound pastrami
- Lay out 6 slices of bread on a cutting board or clean surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of Russian Dressing on each slice. On 2 of the slices, add a layer of corned beef, then a slice of Swiss cheese, then a layer of sauerkraut and a second slice of bread. Top the second slice of bread with turkey, then coleslaw, then Swiss cheese, then pastrami. Top each sandwich with remaining slices of bread, dressing side down.
- Use a skewer to hold the sandwich together, if needed, and serve with potato chips.
- For a hot sandwich, griddle the corned beef, Swiss and sauerkraut half and the turkey, pastrami and Swiss half separately, each open-faced with a bit of butter, then combine the halves to assemble the sandwich.