Back to top
Roast Beef Sliders with Horseradish Cream
12 sandwiches, about 6 servings
Horseradish cream, perfected with the addition of a bit of mayonnaise, is perfect for topping thinly sliced roast beef on party sandwiches – and it’s a flavor sensation that will elevate any party or tailgate spread.
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus extra to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely minced
- One 12-pack Hawaiian soft rolls or other soft dinner rolls
- 1 pound roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat; add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, Parmesan, basil and shallots in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut the entire pack of rolls in half horizontally (keeping all tops connected and all bottoms connected). Transfer bottom rolls to a 9×13-inch baking dish brushed with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Spread half the horseradish mayonnaise over the bottom rolls. Divide the roast beef and provolone evenly on the rolls. Top with the onions. Spread the remaining half of the horseradish mixture on the top buns and place them on top of the onions.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Cover the rolls in aluminum foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until warmed through.