Back to top
approximately 6 dozen
- 1 1/2 pounds - ricotta cheese
- 2 cups - sifted Presto
- 1/4 cup - sugar
- 2 - eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 quart - corn oil
- confectioner's sugar
- Mix together ricotta cheese, Presto, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour corn oil into heavy, flat bottomed 3-quart pot or deep fryer, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat over medium heat to 375°.
- Carefully drop dough by 1/2 teaspoons, 1 layer at a time into corn oil. Fry about 1 to 2 minutes or until well browned.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.