Back to top
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
10 inch tube cake
- 1/3 cup - sugar
- 1/3 cup - light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup - chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon - cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1 cup - sour cream
- 1 cup - unsalted butter
- 1 cup - sugar
- 3 - eggs
- 3 1/2 cups - sifted Presto
- Grease 1 (10-inch) tube pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Stir baking soda into sour cream.
- Set aside both mixtures.
- Blend margarine and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, blending until smooth.
- Stir in Presto alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until smooth after each addition.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan, spreading batter evenly. Sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- Bake in 350º oven about 50 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly with finger.