Southwestern Deviled Eggs
Chili spices add a Southwestern flavor to the prettiest deviled eggs on the party table. Serve garnished with cilantro and watch them disappear.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Red onion, finely chopped, for garnish
- Red bell pepper, finely chopped, for garnish
- Slice eggs in half, remove yolks and set whites aside.
- Press yolks through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, jalapeño, spicy mustard, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and mix well. Add egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer egg mixture to a piping bag and pipe filling into the well of each egg white.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, red onion and red bell pepper.