Back to top
Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting
Elevate any cake or cupcakes with this delicious strawberry mascarpone version of cream cheese frosting, great on carrot cake, chocolate cake and more. Makes enough for one cake or a dozen cupcakes.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup strawberry puree, preserves, jam or
- Cream the cream cheese, butter and confectioners’ sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add mascarpone and mix by hand, using a whisk until combined. Fold in strawberry preserves and gently mix until incorporated. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to firm up.
- Apply frosting to cooled cake. Makes enough for 1 cake or a dozen cupcakes.
- Mascarpone has a very high fat content and will curdle or break when whisked too much. It is important that once you add the mascarpone you whisk the mixture gently, just to incorporate.
If your mascarpone breaks, try adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to bring it back together.