Back to top
Tiger Barbecued Chicken
4 to 6 servings
Serve outdoor barbecue flavor straight from the oven for homegating on game day or an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound chicken legs, excess skin and fat trimmed
- 1 pound bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, excess fat and skin trimmed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Tiger Sauce®
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Bake Chicken: Arrange oven rack in top position and preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a few layers of aluminum foil. Lightly brush foil with oil.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Mix cumin, salt and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over chicken, rubbing into skin and carefully under skin to season meat. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, skin side up. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Make Sauce: Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook and stir until most of the liquid has cooked off., about 3 minutes. Add ketchup, Tiger Sauce, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire; cook and stir until combined, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Flip chicken and bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is browned and crispy and internal temperature registers 165˚F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from oven.
- BRUSH chicken to coat completely with barbecue sauce. Return chicken to oven and bake until sauce is sticky and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.