Back to top
Tiger Shrimp Canapes
30 individual servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces large (U20/22) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Try Me®️ Tiger Sauce with Habanero Lime
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Try Me®️ Cajun Sunshine
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Phyllo cups, toast points, crackers for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the red onion to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until softened. Add the shrimp, ¼ teaspoon salt, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 ½ minutes per side or until the shrimp are pink and slightly browned.
- Blend, in the bowl of a food processor, the cream cheese, Tiger sauce, lime juice, Cajun Sunshine and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add the shrimp and onion mixture and puree until just smooth.
- Serve either as a dip or an individual canapé in phyllo cups, on crackers or toast points.