Chorizo Chili Con Queso
This quick and easy “one pot wonder” Instant Pot chili recipe comes together quickly with the magical speed that only an electric pressure cooker can provide. The perfect crowd pleaser for tailgating or homegating, it can be kept warm and served right from the pot.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh ground chorizo sausage
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilis
- 1 package Carroll Shelby’s White Chili Kit
- 12 ounces queso blanco, such as Velveeta® brand
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- Toppings: Tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, sliced jalapeños, chopped red onion
- Select Saute setting and High temperature setting on pressure cooker and preheat for 2 minutes. Add olive oil; when hot, add onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo, green chilis, and all contents of the Chili Kit Spice Packets except for the Masa Harina, which can be set aside and reserved for another use. Continue to cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until meat is cooked through. Add the queso blanco, cream cheese, heavy cream and water and stir well.
- Close the lid, lock and seal according to manufacturer’s instructions. Pressure cook on High temperature setting for 2 minutes only. When cooking is finished, quick-release the pressure and let steam fully escape, about 4 to 5 minutes; when safe to do so, open the lid.
- Ladle chili into bowls and serve with desired toppings.