Use Carroll Shelby’s White Chicken Chili Kit Spice Mix to whip up a tasty white chili made with ground turkey and flavorful chopped pancetta (or ham). A unique zesty topping makes this Turkey Chili a special meal any day of the week.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 ounces pancetta or ham, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + extra as needed
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested
- Make Chili: Cook turkey in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring, about 10 minutes, until cooked through. Remove turkey to a plate, drain fat and wipe out pot.
- Cook pancetta in the same pot over medium-high heat, stirring, about 5 minutes, adding oil if needed, until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels
- Add enough oil to the fat to make 1 tablespoon. Add onions, garlic and salt and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Return turkey and pancetta to the pot along with broth and Chili Kit Spice Packet (reserve Masa and Cayenne packets for another use). Cover, bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes. Uncover and simmer 15 more minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Make Topping: Stir together parsley, garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Ladle chili into bowls, add topping and serve.